Where & When
This advanced-level FOT workshop has an emphasis on working through the principles and stages of healing trauma. The FOT process works flexibly and creatively with a felt sense and the body’s intelligence. In such a way, it accesses and processes all aspects of trauma experience in a holistic, integrative way - somatic memory and sensations, thoughts and core beliefs, and emotions. The workshop is practical, with many interwoven examples and case studies.
This workshop will help you:
- Recognise different types of trauma
- Learn fundamental guidelines for working with trauma
- Understand the FOT view of working with trauma
- Identify fragile processes and learn how to adjust your work effectively
This workshop will help you work with your clients in a way that:
- Leads to stabilisation and trauma recovery - help your clients find safety in their bodies, reset old adaptations and responses to trauma, break free from dissociation and over-reactiveness and expand resources in regulating their responses
- Follows the trauma resolution process – support your clients in processing traumatic experiences, recognise their needs and choices and learn how to build satisfying and meaningful lives.
You can find more about the workshop here.