Where & When
After registering, an email will be sent with the confirmation. If you don't see the email please check your Junk/Spam/Promotions folders.
Thursday, November 16, 2023 from 11:00am to 1:00pm New York time
Class will be recorded for all registrants and available for viewing for one month.
Bring paper and colored pens or pencils and join Beth to explore the use of Eco-Maps as a tool that anyone can use. The benefits can be witnessed in the ongoing change, growth, & development toward wellness.
In this webinar, Beth will describe:
- What is an Eco-Map?
- How can this tool help support a client during session?
- How does an Eco-Map support the therapeutic process for authentic changes to occur?
- How to utilize the Eco-Map as an ongoing check point in the therapeutic process over time?
Therapeutically, the intentions of utilizing an Eco-Map are to actively enhance the process in:
- Creating a safe, supportive environment to Increase client awareness.
- Actively engage client in process with past rupture experiences which are re-occurring & impacting current life functioning.
- Repairing ruptures from traumatic experiences
- Validating resources, resilience, and growth that has already occurred.
- Establishing new connections and further develop secure attachments in a bodily felt change process.
- Developing a pathway for implying to actualize into an Action Step(s) relevant to client’s goals.
In this webinar, Beth will guide a demonstration to:
- Invite clinicians into proactive practice with the tool.
- Engage peer to peer idea sharing and questions to stimulate further clarification of the Eco- Map’s uses & contraindications.
- Promote the principles of ethical practices and upholding that responsibility in the therapy room & beyond the therapy room.
This webinar is intended for therapists and helping professionals who have knowledge of Focusing, though all are welcome to attend.
We use Zoom videoconferencing for our online classes. In this webinar format, you will see the presenter and host, but you will not be seen. You will be able to ask questions during the webinar by typing them. Highlights presenters may at times invite a small number of participants to unmute or to join them onscreen during the webinar (optional).
You will need to have a computer/mobile device. Calling in by phone is also possible but not preferred. All registered participants will be sent a link to the video recording approximately two weeks following the class. So if you are unable to attend the live webinar, you will still be able to view it for one month.
Beth Mahler currently holds a License in Clinical Social Work in the state of New Jersey, USA and a Certifying Coordinator Certificate from The International Focusing Institute. Her current professional roles include a thriving private practice for treating Individuals, marital couples, and families both in person and by Telehealth. Over the course of 12 years, Beth has also held a commitment to teaching and training Professionals interested in developing their clinical skills further through certifications, retreats, and workshops. Beth's past professional endeavors also include teaching in academia, as well as clinical work in hospital & school settings.
Beth is offering this class to support The International Focusing Institute. This live online class is pay-what-you-can. The suggested payment for US residents is $30.
If you need to give less, that's fine, but we do require each participant to give something. Please give extra if you can! Thank you for supporting the Institute.
Refunds: A full refund minus a $15 administrative fee (regardless of the registration fee paid) for cancellations 14 days before the start date. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start date are nonrefundable.
Registration Policies: TIFI reserves the right to cancel, change and alter the program if necessary. Participants authorize TIFI to use their name, statements and likeness without charge, for promotional purposes in publications, advertising, video, web, new media, or other formats. Please note that the class will be recorded and may be distributed to a wider audience. By registering for this course with the Institute, and in consideration of the right and opportunity to participate in and contribute to the Institute’s classes, for the purposes of its control of all video and/or audio recordings thereof pertaining to uses serving our purposes and goals, in enrolling in this session you acknowledge and agree to the Institute’s ownership of all rights in such classes, including all rights under copyright therein. In no circumstance shall any portion or clip posted or displayed exceed 3 minutes in duration. If you plan to use, post or display any portion or clips of these recordings, including posting these to a website or to a social media platform or portal, you agree that you will seek and obtain the prior approval of the Institute.
PLEASE NOTE: After registering, an email will be sent with the confirmation. If you don't see the email please check your Junk/Spam/Promotions folders.