Where & When
Password will be provided after you sign up for the course
Nervous System Reset 3-Month Weekly Course
You might be very familiar with a habitual background atmosphere of restlessness, anxiousness, agitation, or something like that.
At times when this happens, you might know that this inner activation is counter-productive and out of place somehow, but how to find your way to a more relaxed, easy-going state of being?
After accidents, certain neurological illnesses, or challenging emotional incidences, the autonomic nervous system can get stuck in repetitive patterns that challenge our health, well-being, sense of safety and connection, and our creative potential.
We can reprogram our autonomic nervous system and brain, and with that our physical and emotional responses to life's happenings.
How does this workshop support you in doing so?
You will receive a variety of tools for regulating your nervous system, enough for you to find what works for you.
In Focusing-inspired partner sessions, you will support one another to integrate the neuro-regulating practices into our everyday routine in your own unique way.
Three months is a good time frame for letting go of unwanted habits and establishing new ones.
You might use these practices for your well-being or to become able to better support your (Focusing) clients who want to find more physical and emotional balance.
Each class consists of a variety of different elements:
- Neuro-regulating exercises are extremely simple and gentle once mastered, e.g. breath, movement, (self)-touch, sound.
- Awareness Through Movement lessons based on the Feldenkrais Method will support, making NR exercises easy and effective, and let you discover new, beneficial habits.
- Focusing exchanges for attending to any felt obstacles on your path and for finding your next doable steps, your unique direction.
- Theoretical discourses will offer you a basic understanding of why we do what we do. (Polyvagal Theory, neuro-regulating exercises, supportive modalities…).
- Shared silence
- Both, self-regulating as well as co-regulating exercises will be practiced.
The format of this course:
- Maximum 8 participants
- A weekly online class for three months
- Two one-on-one meetings, one before and one at the end of the course
- Receive instructions for your daily practice
- Have a weekly buddy (Focusing partner) for mutual encouragement and inspiration
- Instructions for practices during the meetings will be recorded and can be watched/listened to as long as the course lasts. Periods dedicated to sharing personal experiences will only be recorded if all participants are fine with that.
- Course material in writing
Basic experience with Focusing.
If you don’t have Focusing experience, please contact me as early as possible so that we can consider how to make your participation possible. For example, some one-on-one Focusing sessions prior to the course might be enough.
December 2022, January & February 2023
Please let me know if you are interested. I will seek to find the best schedule for all who have expressed interest (for European and American time zones)
Wednesdays, December 7, 2022, to February 26, 2023, PT: 7:30am, EST: 10:30am-1:00pm, CET: 4:30pm to 7:00pm
- A weekly class for 12 weeks (2.5 hours each, a total of 30 hours)
- Two one-on-one meetings (60 min. in the beginning + 30 min. in the end)
- Your own daily practice (~15 min.)
- Weekly buddy (Focusing) -time (~ 60 min.)
(payable in US$, GBP, or in Euro)
maximum 8 participants
Regular $495, Bring a friend discount $460
Regular €496, Bring a friend discount €462
Regular £421, Bring a friend discount £391
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
PT: 8:00am-9:00am, EST: 11:0am-12:00pm, CET: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Thursday, October 20, 2022
PT: 9:00am-10:00am, EST: noon-1:00pm, CET: 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Friday, November 18, 2022
PT: 9:30am-10:30am, EST: 12:30pm-1:30pm, CET: 6:30pm to 7:30pm