Where & When
Details are provided upon registration.
You are invited to join the community as we learn, grow, and evolve our Focusing skills.
In this live online five-week course, you will learn how to cultivate the inner environment for real radical, lasting change! We pride ourselves on creating intimate class environments while fostering active, experiential learning! We promise you will not stare at the computer screen and never speak in class!
We will systematically develop and safely apply our new skill of Focusing. There will be lectures, live and recorded demonstrations, opportunities for questions and reflections, group exercises, games and paired exercises within and outside of class time.
You Can Expect To:
- Create a relationship with what you feel so change emerges natural
- Deepen your understanding of the history and daily applications of Focusing
- Look closely at the roles: empowered Focuser, relaxed Companion and Observer
- Increase self-awareness of your thoughts, feelings and emotions -Learn essential Focusing skills such as Self-in-Presence
- Increase your body awareness skills that allow you to access your own body’s wisdom more often
- Appropriately use self-instruction to take yourself through the Focusing process
- Learn about the Felt Sense
- Utilize the daily applications of Focusing by practicing in a safe space
- Feel secure, calm and peaceful throughout your day
- Reconnect your mind-body wisdom
- Belong to an enriching Focusing community
- 5 two-hour meetings for a total of 10 hours of class time.
- Bonus: A 25 minute Pre-Class Focusing & Info Session with your teacher.
- Up to one hour of weekly Focusing partnership in between classes, to further develop your Focusing skills.
- Weekly readings and exercise sheets to help you grow in the art of listening.
- A fun, supportive learning environment.
- Email support from your teacher.
- Upon completion you are eligible for Level 2.
There are many ways to learn Focusing. I am Certified in Inner Relationship Focusing with Dr. Ann Weiser Cornell and Barbara McGavin. I've also studied with The BioSpiritual Focusing Institute, director John Keane.
The Focusing Student’s & Companion’s Manual Part 1 available for purchase (PDF or hardcopy) through Focusing Resources.
Please plan to attend all 5 classes. Note: If you are absent for more than 1 class, you may be asked to repeat Level 1 to satisfy graduation requirements.
Sign up as a standalone course or continue with Levels 2 and 3 & 4.
Laura is now my 'go-to' Focusing Practitioner. Laura provides the highest quality of Inner Relationship Focusing and is fully committed to her clients. Laura always invites her clients to speak up, state their wants and needs, and ask questions. I admire her solid, unwavering presence. She’s confident and knows how to facilitate Focusing Sessions for optimal transformations.
- J. H. United States