Go deeper into Focusing and Focusing partnership. Learn the skill of guiding sensitively and awarely. Interactive advanced Focusing training by Zoom for 9 weeks, includes partnership practice.
Taught by Ann Weiser Cornell (author of The Power of Focusing) and Carol Nickerson.
Includes videos, demos, readings, discussion, group exercises, and individual sessions. Partnership Proficiency Recognition awarded on completion.
What You Learn In Part Two
Mastery of the structure of the process so you’re able to improvise
How to nurture positive feelings as a resource (both for yourself and in working with others)
- More ways to help yourself (or a partner) when feeling overwhelmed by strong emotional states
- A step-by-step way to build the skills to guide another person through the process, starting with your classmates
- Understanding the most typical block to Focusing: getting stuck with a “feeling about a feeling,” (eg, not liking being afraid) – and how to help yourself and other people shift this experience
- How to turn things around so your inner critics are on your side
- A wider understanding of the concept of “body” and what makes our bodies so wise
- How to let go of “rules” and still do Focusing — staying true to what is essential