Where & When
Details provided upon registration.
Discover powerful skills for life change based on self-acceptance and being present in the moment. Start to experience the process of Focusing and Focusing partnership. Learn how to cultivate an inner environment of calm, open, curious awareness which is the foundation from which lasting change emerges. Interactive beginning Focusing training by Zoom for 9 weeks, includes partnership practice.
Taught by Jinevra Howard, Carol Nickerson, and Ann Weiser Cornell (author of The Power of Focusing).
Includes videos, demos, readings, discussion, group exercises, and individual sessions.
What you learn in Part One
- How to cultivate an inner environment of calm, open, curious awareness, as well as why that’s so important and what to do if you can’t
- How to create an inner relationship with what you feel so change emerges naturally without being forced
- Guidance and help with the various trouble-spots that can come up in the learning process
- PLUS you’ll learn the surprising reason why trying to “fix” yourself doesn’t work to bring lasting change
- What the research shows about the real key to change: a funny kind of body sense called a “felt sense”
- How to get a felt sense… and how to tell the difference between a felt sense and other body sensations
- Why sensing what you feel without judgment is so important. How to sense what you feel without evaluating it and what to do when you evaluate anyway!
Hear From Students Who've Taken The Course
“I’m much better able to accept myself — what’s there inside. I learned again and again that situations I find myself in are there to learn from. The barriers put up are inside me and can be transformed so I can find a real path forward. I’ve been able to solve things better, to let go of things more easily, to enjoy more.” ~ Kilian T.
“We often think that change has to be difficult or challenging, but Focusing has taught me it can be gentle and beautiful. The secret of Focusing is realizing you don’t have to change anything–you can just be with your emotions as they are.” ~ Natalie Bryant
“For over 30 years I’ve been searching for effective ways to help myself and others maximize their unique potential and alleviate the distinctive suffering that manifests from living with a tricky and highly complex human mind and nervous system or more simply stated, from being human. Inner Relationship Focusing is THE most powerful, effective, and elegant human technology for individual and community well-being I’ve ever encountered.” ~ Cathryn Campbell
Join us for our next course:
April 26 - June 21, 2023
9 Wednesdays, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific