Where & When
Details are provided upon registration.
You are invited to further explore and delve into the intricacies of Inner Relationship Focusing. This nine-week live virtual course provides you the time and space to assimilate and utilize the insights acquired in Focusing Foundations Training Part 1. By developing your inner environment, you will be able to foster genuine, profound, and enduring transformation!
We will continue creating intimate class environments, emphasizing active and experiential learning. We continue to systematically develop and safely apply our advancing Focusing skills. There will be lectures, demonstrations, opportunities for questions and reflections, group exercises, games and paired exercises.
You Can Expect To:
- Master the structure of the advanced Focusing process
- Develop sophisticated listening and communication techniques
- Learn how to break or stretch the 'rules' when the Focuser’s process calls for it
- Identify and understand how to support conflicting parts, exiled parts, and the harsh inner critique
- Apply new ways of responding when the Focusing process seems blocked, experiencing resistance, or when you're stuck in your head
- Access profound states of knowing during Focusing sessions and experience radical life shifts
- Differentiate Parts and Felt Senses
- Discover new concepts and further develop your confidence with Focusing
- Utilize Partnerships with your peers and Solo Focusing
- Embody the process so you can access your inner knowing for the rest of your life
- Belong to a warm and caring Focusing community
- 9 two-hour meetings for a total of 18 hours of class time
- Up to one hour of weekly Focusing partnership in between classes, to further develop and practice your advancing Focusing skills
- Weekly readings and advanced guiding sheets
- A lively, supportive learning environment
- Email support from your teacher
- Upon successful completion, you are referred to The International Focusing Institute and are eligible to receive their Proficient Focusing Partner Award. You qualify to access the Partnership Network and more advanced training through TIFI or Focusing With Laura.
NOTE: If you are registering for our Focusing Foundations Training Part 2 and are new to Focusing With Laura, then this Pre-Class Mini Focusing & Info Session (25min) is included in the cost of your course.
The Focusing Student’s & Companion’s Manual, Part 2
This Focusing Foundations Training Part 2 includes Levels 3 and 4.
Completion of Part 1 (Levels 1 & 2 in Inner Relationship Focusing/equivalent)
Please plan to attend all 9 classes.
Note: If you are absent for more than 2 classes, you may be asked to repeat the course/some parts (discounted rate) to satisfy graduation requirements.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for other info.
Who is Dr. Eugene Gendlin, anyway? Watch a new animation video created by Laura Storey!
Laura is now my 'go-to' Focusing Practitioner. Laura provides the highest quality of Inner Relationship Focusing and is fully committed to her clients. Laura always invites her clients to speak up, state their wants and needs, and ask questions. I admire her solid, unwavering presence. She’s confident and knows how to facilitate Focusing Sessions for optimal transformations.
- J. H. United States
Join us for an upcoming Focusing Foundations Training Part 2 (Levels 3 & 4):
Oct 2023 - Nov 2023 Exact Dates & Times TO BE ANNOUNCED.