Where & When
Details are provided upon registration.
You are invited to become a part of our group as we learn the Inner Relationship Focusing process. In this live virtual nine-week course, you will acquire the skills necessary for cultivating radical lasting life change.
At our core, we are dedicated to cultivating close-knit classroom settings that prioritize immersive, experiential education. Say goodbye to silently staring at screens! We'll methodically practice the art of Focusing together. Our curriculum includes informative lectures, illustrative demonstrations, interactive Q&As, thought-provoking group activities, and collaborative partner exercises.
You Can Expect To:
- Create a healthy relationship with your thoughts, feelings, and emotions so change emerges naturally
- Expand your capacity to pause and sense inwardly in stressful moments and find a more compassionate way forward
- Become more friendly, accepting, and patient with yourself and others
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Easily switch between roles: empowered Focuser, relaxed Companion, and supportive Observer
- Guide yourself through the Focusing process
- Learn how to Companion another Focuser
- Understand and identify the stages of the process
- Gain more of an embodied experience of a Felt Sense
- Practice Solo Focusing
- Internalize the process and access your body's wisdom for the rest of your life
- Become part of an enriching Focusing community
- 9 two-hour meetings for a total of 18 hours of class time
- Bonus: A free 25-minute Pre-Class Focusing & Info Session with your teacher ($40 in savings)
- Up to one hour of weekly Focusing partnership in between classes, to further develop and practise your Focusing skills
- Weekly readings and exercise sheets to help you grow in the art of listening
- A fun, supportive learning environment
- Email support from your teacher
- Upon completion you are eligible for Focusing Foundations Part 2 (Levels 3 & 4).
There are many ways to learn Focusing.
I am a Certified Focusing Professional and Trainer (Inner Relationship Focusing) with Dr. Ann Weiser Cornell. I've also studied at The BioSpiritual Focusing Institute with director John Keane and thoroughly studied Eugene Gendlin's Classic 6 Steps.
The Focusing Student’s & Companion’s Manual Part 1
This Focusing Foundations Training Part 1 includes Levels 1 and 2.
Please plan to attend all 9 classes.
Note: If you are absent for more than 2 classes, you may be asked to repeat the course/some parts (discounted rate) to satisfy graduation requirements.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for other info.
Who is Dr. Eugene Gendlin, anyway? Watch a new animation video created by Laura Storey!
Laura is now my 'go-to' Focusing Practitioner. Laura provides the highest quality of Inner Relationship Focusing and is fully committed to her clients. Laura always invites her clients to speak up, state their wants and needs, and ask questions. I admire her solid, unwavering presence. She’s confident and knows how to facilitate Focusing Sessions for optimal transformations.
- J. H. United States
Join us for our upcoming Focusing Foundations Training Part 1 (Level 1 & 2):
Dates: June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 2023
9 consecutive Saturdays; 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST