The ”Proficiency as Focusing Partner” (PFP) Award can be awarded to a Focuser who has demonstrated proficiency in Focusing partnership and is a member of the Institute. Readiness for the Award is at the discretion of the Certified Focusing Professional granting the Award. (Note that this includes any CFP/Trainer, Coordinator or Coordinator-in-Training.) As a guideline, proficiency skills and competencies might include:
- Ability to identify and utilize the felt sense in your process
- Ability to listen in the Focusing way
- Having Focusing experience with a number of other Focusing partners
The PFP Award can be a first goal for trainees who have selected the path to become a Certified Focusing Professional or it can be a stand-alone award demonstrating a particular level of Focusing experience.
Is this a new course?
No, this is not a new program or course, but rather simply a recognition of a level of proficiency. Each teacher or Coordinator will continue teaching their programs exactly as they have in the past, but can incorporate the Institute’s PFP Award in their teaching program as a goal for students. For example, for trainees in certification programs, the PFP Award may be used as a midway acknowledgement. For students not in a certification program it can be given as a stand-alone award.
Who can give the Award?
Any Institute Certified Focusing Professional: Coordinator (CC), Coordinator in Training (CiT), or Trainer can recommend a student for the Award. The Award document will be signed by The International Focusing Institute, and the above-listed recommending teacher.
Fees and Membership
(1) There is a $25.00 fee to process and mail the Award.
(2) The recipient must be a member of the Institute as a Trainee or in any affiliate membership category (Friend [$25], Supporter [$50], Associate [$75]).
1. Acknowledgement of your Focusing development and readiness to be a Focusing partner.
2. Connection with the larger Focusing community around the world.
3. Eligibility to join the Institute’s Partnership Network
Guidance for Teachers Making This Award
The teachers who wish to grant the Proficiency in Focusing Partnership (PFP) Award should explain the Award to the students and make students aware of the membership requirement and processing fee.
When the teacher deems the student is ready to receive this Award, the teacher contacts Institute personnel to inform them of the student’s eligibility. The Institute will contact the student to process the award and mail it to the teacher to sign and issue to the student.
For more info, please contact [email protected]